Banking & Finance
MTC provides specialist advice in relation to the full spectrum of financial products. This includes syndicate lending and leveraged and acquisition finance, asset finance, derivative products, project finance, financial regulatory, insolvency & re-structuring and structured finance. In addition to advising the private sector, we frequently advise regulatory authorities and government agencies.
Our clientele comprises of a vast range of banks, including both local and foreign banks as well as other notable financial institutions. The firm specializes in advising on banking and financial laws and regulations; Foreign Exchange Regulations; structuring and documentation relating to banking and finance transactions and products.
Our firm has been involved in the first Creditors' restructuring of a large industrial group in Pakistan through Scheme of Arrangement under the provisions of Companies Ordinance 1984 (Pakland Cement Limited and Saadi Cement Limited), acting on behalf of more than 40 banks and financial institutions.
In addition to the numerous finance transactions that our firm is currently engaged in, our firm has successfully concluded multiple syndicated term finance facilities, syndicated guarantee, Standby Letter of Credit and Letter of Credit facilities for the following companies:
- Pakistan Mobile Communication Limited;
- Pakistan State Oil Limited;
- Shell Pakistan Limited;
- Pakistan Telecom Mobile Limited;
- Pakistan International Airlines Corporation;
- Eden Housing Limited;
- Byco Group;
- Alpha Real Estate and Services (Private) Limited;
- Dewan Cement Limited;
- Pak Arab Fertilizer Limited;
- Avari Towers Limited;
- Coastal Refinery Limited;
- Pak Elektron Limited;
- Telecard Limited;
- Warid Telecom Limited;
- Magna Steel (Private) Limited;
- Engro Foods Limited;
- Engro Vopak Terminal Limited;
- National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited;
- Gharibwal Cement Limited;
- Pakistan Power Resources LLC;
- Philips Electrical Industries Pakistan (Private) Limited;
- Sui Southern Gas Company Limited;
- Pak American Fertilizer Limited;
- Hashwani Hotels Limited;
- International Industries Limited;
- Orient Petroleum Inc.
- Nina Industries Limited;
- Civil Aviation Industries;
- Getz Pharma (Private) Limited;
- Wateen Telecom Limited; and
- Progas Pakistan Limited.
We have also recently acted as Pakistani legal counsel (on behalf of the lender, the facility agent and security agent) in respect of a foreign currency facility of USD 35,000,000/- (US Dollars Thirty Five Million only) availed by Worldcall Telecom Limited from Askari Bank Limited, Off Shore Unit - Bahrain. The firm also assisted foreign counsel Norton Rose (Middle East) in respect of the transaction.
In addition to the above, MTC has also been involved in the settling of the circular debt problem in Pakistan and have acted in the capacity of transaction legal counsel on behalf of the investors / lenders for the PKR 136,000,000,000/-, PKR 82,000,000,000/-, PKR 80,150,005,000/-, PKR 85,114,000,000/-, PKR 7,880,000,000/- PKR 24,000,000,000/-, PKR 37,000,000,000, PKR 9,333,333,333/-, PKR 14,400,000,000/- and PKR 12,000,000,000/-, PKR 138,000,000,000/- Syndicated Term Finance Facilities / Term Finance Certificate Issues issued through various entities owned by the Government of Pakistan.